If I recall correctly, her name was one of the few mentioned in our post alerting you to the petition that called for the recasting of the role Thandie Newton has been selected to play in the film adaptation; well, she won't be replacing Thandie Newton, however, Genevieve Nnaji (maybe the most internationally well-known Nollywood actress), has been cast in director Biyi Bandele's big screen adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's novel Half Of A Yellow Sun.
Nnaji joins the aforementioned Thandie Newton, as well as John Boyega, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Dominic Cooper in what's shaping up to be one hell of a production to keep our eyes on as it progresses.
Nnaji (one of Nollywood's wealthiest actresses) has yet to really break through on the international film scene, although her name has been rumored as being attached to various non-Nollywood projects. She's also set to star in Isaiah Washington, Jimmy Jean-Louis and others Nigerian director Tony Abulu's drama/thriller Doctor Bello, which is currently in production.
According to her publicist, Ms Nnaji will play the role of Ms Adebayo, a professor who develops a flirtatious relationship with her colleague Mr OdenIgbo (Ejiofor).
I've yet to read the book, so those character names mean nothing to me currently; but those of you who have read it will be familiar I'm sure; so chime in if you'd like.
- Actress Shan George to give marriage it third chance
- Nollywood actress cassandar gabriel died
- Nollywood News Finally 2-Face Got Married
- Mercy Johnson, Genevieve and Omotola Nominated for Best Actress NMA
- Nollywood Gossip: Eucharia Anunobi Recently Ordained Pastor Has Start Misbehaving
- Nollywood Actor Ramsey Nouah Want to Quit Acting
- Actor Van Vicker Saved by Uche Jombo on Arrested for Arms Possession
- Actor Chidi Mokeme Wedding
- African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) 2012 Winners
- Actress Stephanie Okereke's Wedding