Selena Gomez's namesake fragrance may smell sweet and girlie, but her ad campaign is quite grown-up.
The debut image, which was shot in an aquarium tank, features the 19-year-old "Love You Like a Love song" singer standing in waist-high water. She wears a soaking wet, purple strapless dress and sports slicked-back hair in the photo, for an effect she described to Us Weekly as "simple and pretty."
As for the slim, dark purple glass bottle and playful lips-adorned topper, Gomez says that there's more behind the design than just something attractive.
"I wanted it to be tall so it stands out," she told Us. "The design of the bottle is almost like a gown so it represents me on the carpet. The lips are fun…it makes it more youthful and you can play with it."
PHOTOS: Selena Gomez's sexy, grown-up style
Gomez's journey to scent maker is different from her Hollywood colleagues, because she enlisted her fans' help from the beginning and flew them in from all over the globe to decide on its notes.
"They're the ones wearing it, so I trust them -- their opinions and everything that they've done for me," she said.
- Lady Gaga's Tea Cup was sold for $75, 000 in Japan
- internet users want Jessica Sanchez to win America Idol
- Justine bieber ask to prom by Leon Purvis
- I’m ‘A Bachelorette’; Singer Wants ‘A Guy That Smells Good’-Rihanna
- (Picture) Rihanna Still Look spectacular Without Makeup!
- I Cant Eat Untill I Took Diet Pills, as a Teen- Brandy
- Justin Bieber Stabbed? Gossip, Facebook Scam
- Gossip: Rihanna In A Relationship with A Woman?
- Nicki Minaj Quits Twitter After Fantasize Leaks Music
- Kanye Is a Talented Jackass- President Obama